Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances

Year: 2009
Volume: 8
Issue: 4
Page No. 708 - 710

Mushroom Poisoning by Inocybe fastigiata in a Maltese Dog

Authors : Seungkeun Lee , So-Jeong Nam , Ran Choi and Changbaig Hyun

Abstract: A 10-years-old male Maltese dog was presented with severe vomiting, diarrhea, bradycardia and respiratory difficulty, after the ingestion of a poisonous wild mushroom (Inocybe fastigiata). No remarkable abnormalities in complete blood cell counts and serum biochemistry were observed except hemoconcentration. The dog was treated with gastric lavage, anti-cholinergics (atropine) and fluid therapy (0.9% saline) for 48 h. The dog was released after 48 h of emergency treatment. This is the 1st case report related to poisoning from Inocybe fastigiata mushroom in a dog.

How to cite this article:

Seungkeun Lee , So-Jeong Nam , Ran Choi and Changbaig Hyun , 2009. Mushroom Poisoning by Inocybe fastigiata in a Maltese Dog. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 8: 708-710.

Design and power by Medwell Web Development Team. © Medwell Publishing 2022 All Rights Reserved